SOLAR STREET LIGHTING SYSTEM
Solar street lights are raised light sources which are powered by photovoltaic panels generally mounted on the lighting structure or integrated in the pole itself. The photovoltaic panels charge a rechargeable battery, which powers a fluorescent or LED lamp during the night.
• Solar street lights are independent of the utility grid. Hence, the operation costs are minimized.
• Solar street lights require much less maintenance compared to conventional street lights.
• Since external wires are eliminated, risk of accidents are minimized.
• This is a non polluting source of electricity
• Separate parts of solar system can be easily carried to the remote areas
• It allows the saving of energy and also cost.